Thinking about what to eat on a daily basis is a difficult task, especially if you’re trying to stay healthy. Most people don’t really care too much about what they eat during Raya as it is the time to let loose and be free without any food restrictions while celebrating with loved ones. However, after Raya, that’s when people start taking initiative to get their health in check.
If you’re one of those who are always busy with little to no time, implementing healthy meal plans would be your best bet. Have no clue where to start? Read on to learn more!
What are meal plans?
Meal plans are basically preparing several meals every single week. When you’re tired of asking yourself ‘what to eat for lunch today?’, meal plans would save your time by skipping that question. It is a way to set what you will be eating every day so you can also keep track of what you’re eating if you’re on a specific weight loss diet.
How do meal plans work?
Meal plans are usually different based on every individual’s lifestyle. For instance, some are keener on a meal plan for weight loss while others are focused on a low-carb meal plan. But no matter what kind of meal plan you are following, it will still help you to diligently follow a structure so you can maintain a healthy diet.
Benefits of meal plans
Aside from losing weight when following a specific meal plan for weight loss, there are other benefits to why healthy meal plans would cause a positive impact on your life. Below are the common benefits:
1. You get to save time
Imagine how much time wasted travelling to various restaurants just to get your meals. Not only that, but you also have to consider the time taken to decide what to eat. Meal plans take off the stress and the time used for every meal will be decided beforehand.
2. It is more cost-saving
Following a meal plan helps you to save money because it can be expensive when eating out in restaurants with the extra costs involved. The meals in restaurants are usually extra because you will have to pay for service tax and other costs.
3. You will have better dietary habits
By following a meal plan, you will stray away from making the quickest decision which generally tends to be unhealthy such as fast food or frozen food. If you are under a special diet due to certain health conditions such as diabetes, it will be much easier to watch your food to prevent your health from getting worse.
Types of meal plans offered in YoloFoods Malaysia
Now that you know the perks of meal plans, YoloFoods offers various types of meal plans that cater to all types of age groups and people who have different lifestyles. They also offer meal plan delivery where they will simply deliver them right at your doorstep. Below are the meal plans offered by YoloFoods that you can understand in more detail to find out which suits you the most:
YoloFoods meal plan for weight loss follows a strict calorie deficit strategy in order to help you lose weight. They offer two options to choose from:
- Small Meal Plan: This meal plan offers about 350 to 450 calories per meal and is suitable for women who aren’t really active or men who are looking to lose weight really quickly.
- Medium Meal Plan: This meal plan offers about 500 to 700 calories per meal and works best for women who are active or men whose daily life doesn’t revolve around many physical activities.
For those who care about their daily calorie intake, the Eat Clean Meal Plan consists of a suitable balance of delicious meals alongside sufficient nutrients.
- Medium Meal Plan: This meal plan offers around 500 to 700 calories per meal and is suitable for women living an active lifestyle and men who do not perform many physical activities during the day.
- Regular Meal Plan: This meal plan offers around 500 to 1000 calories per meal. It is suitable for men who are always active and are looking to maintain their overall health & wellness.
If you are looking to increase your overall protein intake while reducing your carbohydrate intake at the same time, the low-carb meal plan would be ideal.
- Small Meal Plan: This meal plan offers roughly 350 to 450 calories per meal which is a great option for women who don't perform that many physical activities or men who need to lose an extreme amount of weight fast in a short period of time.
- Medium Meal Plan: This meal plan offers around 500 to 700 calories per meal and is a good option for women who are constantly active or men who don't perform that many physical tasks on a daily basis.
For those who are vegetarian, don’t worry as there’s also a meatless vegetarian meal plan that doesn’t just cater to protein meat-free, but also provides the sufficient amount of protein your body needs.
- Small Meal Plan: This meal plan offers around 350 to 450 calories per meal and is great for women who aren’t that active during the day or men who prefer to go through rapid weight loss.
- Medium Meal Plan: This meal plan offers around 500 to 700 calories per meal and is great for men who aren’t that active during the day or women who live a healthy, active lifestyle.
How do meal plans help to keep your health in check?
You will know what exactly you’re consuming and the necessary nutrients in every meal. Unlike if you’re eating out, you don’t really know what kind of ingredients they use. Plus, most restaurants tend to have preservatives or MSG which can be quite harmful to the overall health in the long run.
Other than that, sometimes when you’re eating out, you don’t really have a choice but to make sure that you have sufficient vegetables, protein, and carbohydrates your body needs. Besides, it’s not easy to add fruits into your diet when you’re always out because not every shop sells fruits.
Don’t have time to meal prep your meals yourself? Consider a meal plan delivery like YoloFoods where you can simply just pick which meal plan you’d prefer, pick your meal delivery duration, choose your meal delivery details, and then you’d be on your way to enjoying your meals in no time! No matter if you’re looking for a meal plan for weight loss, low carb meal plan, vegetarian meal plan, or any kind of healthy meal plan, YoloFoods has it all!